Friday, March 7, 2008

$$ I'm Expensive $$

I got some statements from my ER visits & surgery today... WOW! The 1st ER trip cost $3,688.13- I guess I expected a price tag about that size. But, my 2nd ER trip & my surgery totally surprised me! The damage was $39,057.09- YIKES!
All I have to say is :
THANK YOU INSURANCE!

I went for my follow up appointment yesterday & got my bandages taken off; This is what I'm left with. My belly button looks WAY smaller to me...maybe he stitched it REALLY tight & made it shrink! My other 2 incisions are not bad at all... You can see the one on my right side... I have freckles that are bigger!!


Another fun filled experience happened to me today- I must be retarded, but I was leaving Gwen's house & as I was walking down her stairs I biffed it!
I mean, I ATE CRAP!!
Don't ask me how; all I know is I was on like the 3rd step from the top &
then I slid down to the bottom! I hit my butt SO hard I wouldn't be surprised it is totally bruised!! & I got a nice rug burn on my arm- the picture just doesn't do it justice!

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Wow crazy! Yep insurance is great as long as they pay for it, we took Gaige in once for his asthma(first time we ever took one of kids to the er) and our insurance said it wasn't an emergency so we had a 1000 bill. Anyway sorry about the stairs NO fun!!

Devksi said...

It has been your lucky month Alsheigh! Be careful and don't drive your car for awhile, who knows what is going to happen next ;)!

Debbie said...

Ash, we are so glad that you are doing better and hopefully now, back to good health. (Except for the bruises, etc from the fall!!!) I read about your surgery from Gwen's blog and told her to give you our best. Glad to know that all is well now. XOXOXOX

Pace & Gwen said...

I am so sorry our stairs made you eat crap!! I'm even more sorry that I laughed for a moment... :) Poor girl!!

Toni said...

Ashleigh,
Wow, this is Toni Southam (Perkins) remember the good 'ol days of spanish class. I am so excited to have found your blog. I haven't talked to you in soooo long! It looks like you guys are doing great, besides the whole surgery thing. Anyways...I have a blog if you want to check it out. It's ntgsoutham.blogspot.com. I'm going to add you to mine. Hope all is well!
Toni (Jose haha, remember that?)

Lydia said...

I'm sure glad you have insurance.. we never know when we might need it. I'm glad you are doing better too!