Thursday, May 31, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
This weekend was really nice! I got to do a lot of neat things with Anthon & just enjoy spending time with him (even though the little nerd shaved his head & KEPT that nasty facial hair)! Keep scrolling down to see what we got to do on Friday :)!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
I'm leaving bright & early tomorrow morning to go to California!! It's been two weeks since Anthon left & I'm SO excited to see him! I get to stay there until Monday night, so it'll be nice to spend some time with him (& maybe shop a little if I get lucky)!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Please excuse the messy couch cover :)
¡The finished product!
Inspiration can come from the simplest things.
So, I found a project to keep me preoccupied for the first week of Anthon being gone... Redecorating my living room!! I had a blast & it really did help keep my mind off him being gone. I just rearranged my furniture (which was surprisingly refreshing) & added Lots of pictures & wall decor! On the wall with the couch, I just added the little pictures on each side of the mirror (after making the mats, of course) & made the flower arrangement. The wall with the red mirror was my real project- I refinished the shelf, painted the mirror, and MADE all the picture mats & "quote" pictures. The vase & plate were my inspiration for the whole thing (I found my flowers @ Michael's)& I couldn't be more pleased at the outcome!!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
To my Moms & Sisters... hope your Mother's day was great & you felt how much you are appreciated for the hard (but divine) work that you do!! I spent the day with my family (Anthon had to pack up & leave, with one nights notice, to CA on Tuesday. So I'm officially a loner now). My niece Alishia had her little girl blessed at church today, so I went to their ward & then spent the afternoon at the luncheon. It was a nice day, even though I spent most of it teary-eyed. I've been such an emotional wreck this week!! Hopefully it won't be like this the whole time he's gone!
Friday, May 11, 2007
I think I'm the last one to post for this game, so I won't explain the rules or tag anyone else... Here we go:
1. I am the youngest of 14 kids- 7 boys & 7 girls, & we are all married except 1 (or have been married at least once). Yes, I know all of their names & MOST of their birthdays (it's the years I get confused on)! My oldest brother is 50 years old- yep old enough to be my dad. And yes, I love each of them dearly for their distinct personalities, but our family get-togethers are always out of control!
2. I think wire cutters & shot gun shells are the coolest. Don't ask me why- my dad was a gunsmith & I liked to play with them growing up, so I think that's when I developed the fetish.
3. I can't fall asleep unless I'm on my stomach, facing my left, with my left leg bent out, & my left hand up by my face.
4. Swimming & counting money are really the only job skills I have! I started teaching swimming lessons my sophomore year in high school & have taught basically every summer since then. I started working at Chase Bank in Jan. of 2003 & I'm STILL there... For the health benefits mainly- gotta pay for Anthon some how :)!
5. I enjoy singing. My dad would have my mom play the piano & me sing for him almost every night after dinner. It always made me feel special, but now that I'm older, I realize that I need voice lessons! (So, if Anthon is ever asking any of you for advice on a gift for me, tell him voice lessons... Only if jewelery is out of the question, that is)!
6. I LOVE to travel!!! I haven't been to a lot of places that I would like to go, but I have been to Germany, Austria, Hawaii, Mexico, Florida, & of course the states closest to us- Utah, Colorado, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Texas. I REALLY would love to go to New York City, Washington DC, Australia, England, Alaska, South Africa, Brazil & SO MANY other places!! I really want to see the world & learn about all the different cultures! Someday :)!
7. Thrift store shopping is my guilty pleasure!! I usually go with my niece (who's my age- from the whole OLDER sibling thing) once a week & I am the queen of finding diamonds in the ruff! I buy TONS of second hand stuff & I get a kick out of figuring out how much the item would have cost in a regular store verses how much I actually paid for it. For example, once I found Lucky and Abercrombie & Fitch jeans WITH the original price tag still attached for $6. Oh yeah, that's a savings of about $60-$80! I don't find those kind of deals every time, but EVERYTHING at the thrift store is a good deal! It may be a little white trash, but I don't care! I LOVE it!
««« FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR FURTHER DETAIL ON ANY OF THESE RANDOM FACTS :)»»»
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
I LOVE layering my shirts & one of my friends shared this site with me- These shirts are similar to Mod-Bods (if you've ever heard of those- basically undershirts that are made to cover garments). You can get 'em for $5 if you go to this website: www.belleclothing.com. I bought 5 since they were SO cheap :)!!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Well, I am finished with school- I took my last final on Monday night, and I am enjoying my free evenings now. My summer class starts in two weeks, but a two week break is better than nothing :)! Plus, this is Anthon's last week in Arizona & it's been nice just to enjoy his company for a little while longer (he was suppose to leave yesterday, but he extended a week). I've just felt VERY blessed and opptomistic lately (not for any special reason). I'm just thankful for my life & everything I get to do (including work & school)! Life is just good for me right now!