Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring has sprung.... & is gone!

Anthon had yesterday off so we decided to go for a hike at the Usery Mountain Recreational Park just north of or house. We hiked the Wind Cave trail that was just over 3 miles. It was great to get out & spend the day together, but it was WARM! I always kick myself because I wait until the cool season is pretty much over before I get the hiking bug in my system. Roman did great- just chewed on the carrier & slept! I was terrified that he would get sunburned, so I was caking the sunblock on him like every 10 minutes... It worked! But in worrying about Roman getting burned, I neglected myself & I got the burn (better me than Roman, though)! We're hoping to go back & hike the Pass Mountain trail that's a 7 mile loop around Usery Mountain the next weekend Anthon has off (if it's not 100ยบ by then)! Anybody want to join us :D??

3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

looks like you guys had a good time. Hopefully it won't be too hot for you guys next time who know though with this crazy weather we have

MSorenson said...

I love hiking and it is actually really fun with the kids. I don't know if we could keep up with you turbos on a 7 MILE hike though!

Pace & Gwen said...

Can't believe you guys hiked that long carrying him! You guys are awesome :)