Friday, March 6, 2009

2 month check up

Roman is 2 months old today... How is that possible?? Time is flying by SO fast!! He's such a fun boy & we just can't get enough of him! His stats today were:

* 12.9 lbs (75 %)
*24.5 in. tall (95 %)
*40 cm head (50%)

Ok, is it just me or do you other new mothers get a renewed sense of accomplishment when the doctor tells you to "keep up the good work" with your baby?? I love hearing that a professional thinks I'm doing a good job... it makes me less insecure in my role as a mother!
He got 4 vaccines & his bilirubin check at the appointment- NOT FUN! Poor kid- he turned purple he was yelling so hard! Thankfully, Anthon held him so I didn't have to! Look at those pouty lips! He smiled & cooed at me once we got home, so at least I can be reassured that he's still my buddy!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor little guy. I too love it when the Dr. tell you you are doing great.

Pace & Gwen said...

Poor guy, I wish they didn't have to go through all that... stinks to be a baby sometimes, but I'm glad he still likes you (it's cause you didn't hold him down for the shots.. sucks to be you, Anthon! JK) :) And yes positive reinforcement from a smart MD does wonders for this mother's self esteem, too. :) Love those guys for giving it!!

Meagan Rogers said...

That sad face is so cute! Shots are hard. Glad you and baby made it through it.

*Katie May* said...

Shots are no fun they always make them fell yucky later. At least my kids do.

Bailey said...

i agree with meagan, sad faces are so sweet and cute.

Toni said...

Wow he is getting big fast. Wait til he turns two and you don't even remember him ever being so little! Isn't it the best when they start smiling at you?

ecuakim said...

Oh, just wait until the doctor says "You're not doing a good enough job." It's completely demoralizing. This was in reference to teeth brushing, which stinks to high heaven.