Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roman's Blessing

Sunday was really special! Anthon was kind of nervous, but he did a great job in giving Roman a very sweet blessing. Some of the things I remember Anthon blessing him with are the knowledge that his Heavenly Father & parents love him, a healthy body, strong mind with a desire to learn, and testimony of the gospel. There was more, but that's all I can remember at the moment. After sacrament, we all came back to our house & had fresh fruit & veggies with dip and chicken salad sandwiches. I am SO THANKFUL for Roman & Anthon- who would've thought life could feel this perfect?!
The weather was beautiful- very BRIGHT, but still beautiful : )

Here's our little man- he was so happy all day!

Us with my mom & brother, Peter... Love them!

Grandpa & Grandma Perkins & all the Perkins cousins

It was a FULL house, but we had a lot of fun! Thank you to all who came & supported us : )

13 comments:

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Roman looked so cute! Sorry we couldn't be there.

MSorenson said...

I love the close up of Roman's cute blessing outfit. You guys are such a cute family. His blessing was awesome. We loved getting to hang out with you guys, visit with your mom, and talk "Lost" with Peter:) The food was really good, too!

Pace & Gwen said...

1. How wonderful! I love the things you remembered from the blessing so important and special! 2. Ash, you look beautiful!! Can't wait to see you :) 3. HE (Roman) is SO ADORABLE!! Gorgeous! I can't wait to meet him!! 4. Oh, cute of the family. Miss you guys. 5. Holy crap the Perkins have a lot of grand kids :) Lucky guys!! They're cute too. Lastly, wish I could've been there!!

Pace & Gwen said...

PS - "I know how awful it is to not get everything you want the second you want it! & I know how annoying it is to have someone keep asking you for something after you've already told them "NO" a million times!" Has nothing to do with the "Are you coming to Lubbock, TX??" question I've been asking a million times?? :) ha

Meagan Rogers said...

He looks so cute in that picture! A little mini Anthon. I'm glad you had a special day! Sorry we missed it.

ecuakim said...

OH HOW SWEET!!! I love his outfit! What a darling boy!!!! I am so happy for you guys.

*Katie May* said...

That pic of him is ADORABLE! What a doll!

Anjanette Friestad Ricketts said...

What a handsome little man!!!! I miss you guys!

Lydia said...

Anthon did a great job! Roman is a little Anthon that's for sure. I enjoyed coming! Thanks for the yummy food!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Roman is so handsome...glad you ar enjoying motherhood, it is a great time!

Aleia said...

Roman looked so cute in his little blessing outfit!

Shay said...

Your family is beautiful!!! Little Roman was adorable in his blessing outfit and what a handsome little guy he is.

Eileen said...

I was proud of Anthon for giving Roman a wonderful blessing. It is so great to have the priesthood in our lives! Thanks to Anthon and Jason for also giving Shauna a blessing when she was sick last week. Ashleigh thanks for putting up with us for so many days!