Thursday, April 28, 2011

The end is in sight!

This picture pretty much sums up how I'm feeling these days... Tired, swollen, & just plain OVER pregnancy! Ever since last weekend, my poor feet & legs have been like elephant feet everyday... SO swollen! I didn't have hardly any swelling with Roman, & I didn't realize just how miserable this common "side effect" of pregnancy can be!
The good news is there's light at the end of the tunnel! I saw my Dr. today & I'm 70% effaced & dilated to 2cm... that's exciting,but not as exciting as my scheduled induction!! I'm going in next Thursday at 10pm to be induced, so hopefully our little man will grace us with his presence sometime on Friday, May 6th! Ah, only 7 more days- I can hardly wait! I can't wait for this bump to be GONE (well, smaller at least... I'm not delusional enough to think that the pudge will EVER go away)!
Just for kicks & giggles... here's what I looked like 7 days before I had Roman... YIKES!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

cute belly! your belly looks smaller this time than it did with Roman. May 6th is Lilly's birthday. What a nice present for her. Almost there. Can't wait to see the next Perkins baby.

Corinne and Justin said...

Yay!! I cant wait to meet the little guy! Him and Kamden are gonna be best buds!

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

You look great althoug uncomfortable. It will be over before you know it and you will have your hands full with 2 little boys. Good luck! I hope mom and baby are 100% healthy!

Lindsay said...

I'm just totally jealous that 7 days before your induction you still have an "innie" belly button! That is something to be proud of! :)

Good luck and can't wait to see pics of your new little man!

Aleia said...

love that picture! AWESOME!!

Pace & Gwen said...

Your "sentence" :) You crack me up! My pudge will never go away and if it does it will be because I paid to have someone surgically remove it! (Not a bad idea actually.... hmmm). Anyway, thank you for rubbing my elephant-ly swollen feet and I'm sorry I'm not there to do the same for you!!! I'll call Peter, pay him to step in for me (again) :) I'll be thinking of you!! Love you so much and your new sweet baby boy!! (your old one too ha!) See you all soon!! I'll be praying for you!!!