Saturday, April 2, 2011

Little of This & A Little of That.... or a lot

So, I know I posted back at the beginning of the year about us redecorating our living room, but I never posted pictures, so I figured I'd do that now...

This is our old entertainment center. We just busted out the middle section that was a TV cabinet to accommodate Anthon's TV, added the 2 shelves at the top, and painted it brown (it use to be black)

The magnet board on the left was my inspiration for the colors of the room. I liked the brown, but wanted just one of the accent colors- since our kitchen is mostly green & I'm not wild about orange, we went with the turquoise. All of the turquoise decorations were things we already had (like the LOVE sign, picture frames, & toy buckets) we just painted them. Same here... just painted the wall decor we already had. I found the throw pillows at Goodwill for $2.50 each & they match perfectly! The mirror by the door use to be red & black, & was probably the biggest pain in the butt to give a "face lift" to, but I'm happy with how it turned out. This is "my little area". I wanted a rocker recliner to nurse the baby in (since I hated the glider rocking chair I had for Roman) & found this beauty on Craigslist for $50. Then I decided I wanted a little table that I could store nursing things in & this table came with some bedroom furniture we bought off of my friend. Since there was only one of them I opted to use it for my "nursing table". I was really nervous once I saw it completely turquoise- like I was with everything else I painted!! Bold makes me nervous... I'm more subtle :)- but once I got in inside & saw it among everything else I was pleased with the outcome. So, that's our living room now. It's been the easiest, cheapest room re-do I've ever done & that makes Anthon happy, so I guess it's safe to say we're both happy with the new look :)

Onto me & the growing gut! I'm 34 weeks now & feel like I'm as big as I was full term with Roman. I haven't gained more weight with this pregnancy than I did with Roman- in fact I'm at about the same (I've gained 15 lbs with this baby & with Roman, I had gained 16lbs when I was 33 weeks), but I started off this pregnancy bigger so I'm sure that's why I'm feeling like such a beast! I did discover my 1st stretch mark on my belly about 2 weeks ago... that was pleasant. But seriously, why should I care?! It's part of the process, I'm never going to have a bikini body again, & even if I ever do it's not like I'm gonna prance around in a skimpy bathing suit in front of my kids... I'm trying to think of it as Heavenly Father's way of reminding me of how blessed I was to become pregnant, and ensuring that I stay modest :). I went to the Dr. this morning & it's funny how this pregnancy is so similar to Roman's... The baby is measuring ahead still, but now my uterus is measuring a week behind. They said if I'm measuring smaller at my next appointment they'd do an ultrasound to check the fluid levels (which is exactly what they did with Roman). I feel a lot more impatient with this pregnancy though... it feels like my last 6 weeks will never be over!

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Super cute redo! And you look super cute too!!

Carlee Raymond said...

Ashleigh! You're amazing. I love your pics, especially the one of you and your cute belly :)

MSorenson said...

SO cute! I love the turquoise nursing table! It is so cute!

Sarah+Kolton said...

Love your colors, looks so dang cute! You are such a cute pregnant lady! Makes me miss being pregnant, kinda ha.